The Department of Information Technology is responsible for coordinating the development, integration and enhancement of information technology for the San Juan Bautista School of Medicine Administration, Faculty, Students and Academic Community. Its mission is to standardized information systems utilized across departments. This is done by establishing and maintaining computer networks, software development to meet operational requirements, procurement of computers and peripheral devices, and providing computer education courses to end-users.
Jorge Luis Torres Ramos, MS, A+, MCP, CNA
Monday to Friday: 8:00am - 12:30pm / 1:30pm - 5:00pm
(787) 743-3038 Ext. 239
Francisco Velázquez Cruz, Bs.IT, MBA
Monday to Friday: 7:30am - 11:30am / 12:30pm - 4:30pm
(787) 743-3038 Ext. 228
The staff of the Department of Information Technology will provide a competitive edge to all San Juan Bautista School of Medicine departments, and the Academic Community through the creative use of information technology and services, and be the leader of change in technological advances.
Our mission is to standardize Information Technology throughout San Juan Bautista School of Medicine and providing multiple tools and services to Students, Faculty and Administration members
Department, Office; Services & Management
- Training for Users; Administration, Faculty, Students, (Applications, LMS).
- Video tutorials on the platforms, (Canvas, E-Value, Sage Program).
- Maintenance and updates of Digital Libraries (Web Page, Digital Library).
- Remote Communication Service, (RAS, GoTo Webinar, GoTo Meeting, ZOOM Rooms).
- Database Service, (SQL Server, Redcap Server Application).
- LMS Service (Canvas by Instructure) to Students and Faculty.
- Analysis, Design, and Systems Implementation.
- Installation and Repair of "Hardware and Software" for the Institution.
- Student Service.
- Institutional identification card.
- E-Mail Accounts.
- Parking Card.
- Canvas video tutorial and create courses.
Office 365 Education
To qualify for this free license of Microsoft Office 365 Education Web Based, you will need San Juan Bautista School of Medicine email address. Access to the following link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/education/products/office