The Registrar’s Office has the responsibility to maintain and safeguard all students' and alumni academic records, as well as to coordinate all matters related to the registration process. It also offers the services of mailing official grades, transcripts and the Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE) form. The Registrar’s Office looks after the security and inviolability of academic records. No information whatsoever from the files of applicants, students, or graduates is disclosed without written authorization. The School complies with the requirements of the Buckley Act (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, as amended, FERPA), and ensures the privacy of all information regarding applicants, students, and alumni.
Access to Student Records
No information is disclosed without a written authorization from the student. It is the responsibility of the School and the Registrar’s Office to keep these records in strict confidentiality. Any student that needs a copy of his/her academic record should follow these rules:
- If a student needs an official transcript or a student copy, he/she must complete the application form provided by the Registrar’s Office and pay a fee of five dollars ($5) for each copy at the Bursar’s Office.
- Official transcripts are sent directly by San Juan Bautista School of Medicine to the institution requesting them. Only student copies are provided to students.
- Student copies are for personal use only, unless the student requests in writing and authorizes that the copy be given to a specified second person. In this case, the second person must show appropriate identification.
- Students that have financial obligations with the School will not be issued copies of their academic record. The payment can be made in cash, money order or certified check payable to the School. To receive the copy it is necessary to present the payment receipt at the Registrar’s Office.
- Students must have all their admission documents on file before the end of the first semester of their first year.
- Students who have not submitted all required admission documents will not be issued copies of the following: official transcripts, student copy transcripts, MPSE form, study verification certificates, certification to take board examinations, or official grades and any other official document. Furthermore, students with incomplete files will not be allowed to enroll for the next semester.
- Every application form must be filed in the Registrar’s Office at least ten (10) working days to assure that documents requested arrive within the deadline.
- Credit transcripts and study verification certifications will be sent by mail within five (5) working days. MSPE form and certificates to take board examinations will be sent within seven (7) working days.
The Bursar's Office is responsible for collecting the tuition and fees student incur at the time of registration, in addition to other fees such as credit transcripts and certificates, among others.
The Bursar’s Office is in charge of processing checks received from Stafford Loans and of generating the checks from the Supplementary Aid Program and other financial aid received by students.