The Counselor has the main responsibility of providing counseling services to students, individually or in groups, with the intention of helping them identify and deal with situations that may affect them, and that, in some way, may obstruct their academic progress and personal development. The Counselor may refer particular cases to other mental health professionals.
Also, faculty members have been identified as mentors, who counsel students regarding problems related to the evolution and increasing complexity of their academic program.
The Counselor’s Office offers the following services to students:
- Individual and group counseling.
- Coordination and referrals to psychological and psychiatric services.
- Coordination of workshops that assist students in achieving their personal grown
- Serves as a liaison between students, Faculty, and administration personnel.
- Provide information related to the USMLE steps and the Puerto Rico Board of Medical Examiners and the dates of the Boards Examinations
- Coordination of cultural activities
- Provide information related to housing.